Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball club is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This Privacy Notice sets out your rights, and the basis by which we collect, use and disclose the personal data of our members. Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball club will always aim to be transparent with members about how we process personal data.
Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club of: Parkhurst Road, Bexley, Kent, DA5 1AX, is the Data Controller for your personal information. If you have any questions regarding your data, please contact email@example.com
How we collect personal information
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquires via email, when you provide information via the court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member (for example, entering interclub competitions or signing up for courses or lessons)
- From someone else who has applied for your membership on your behalf
- From a third-party website such as details you have supplied on websites we use to promote services such as coaching promotions, for example Club Spark (www.clubspark.co.uk)
What type of personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal details including your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, gender, job title and other contact information;
- Your username and password;
- CCTV footage showing your image;
- Health information including any details of medical history, if applicable.
All of the information we collect is mandatory for the performance of your contract as a member of Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club e.g. your name, address and contact details.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the administration of your membership,
- For any general membership queries;
- To store your details on our software application which we use for day-to-day management of the club and the online booking system;
- To process invoices for Tennis, Squash or Racketball courses;
- To inform you of social events and update you with any information relevant to Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club;
- To enter you and contact you regarding interclub competitions;
- To ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date;
- To contact your family members in the event of an emergency
Legal Basis for Processing
Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club must have a legal basis for processing personal information of members. The legal basis for processing varies for the different types of personal information we collect, process and disclose. The conditions for processing will be one of the following:
- Necessary for the performance of the contract as a member of Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club you have entered or have requested to enter;
- Legitimate interests of the Data Controller
We may share your personal information
We do not sell or share your personal data other than set out below. Personal data may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our Data Processors. For example, our Junior Tennis Coordinator, Adult Tennis Coordinator, Membership secretary, Head Squash Coach, Bar Staff and Committee members, for the purposes of administering your membership and activities associated with your membership.
- With other members of Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash and Racketball Club when required for reasons such as, but not limited to, allow members to contact other members regarding interclub competitions.
- With our software suppliers who provide services to us. For example, ClubSyS.
Transferring personal data outside the EEA
We only process personal data within the United Kingdom.
Retention of your personal data
Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash and Racketball Club has a Data Retention Policy and Schedules. The policy mandates how long records, including personal information, must be retained. This is determined by legislation and business requirements.
Subject to certain exceptions, you are entitled to request copies of the personal information Bexley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club holds about you. These are known as Subject Access Requests and they are usually free of charge. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club will aim to respond to these requests within one month. Subject access requests are handled by Bexley Club Managers.
If you require further information about making a subject access request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The GDPR also provides individuals (“Data subjects”) with a number of other individual rights. For more information please see the following link https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Review of the Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and the most up to date version will be available on Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club’s website.
Bexley Lawn Tennis, Squash & Racketball Club have considered the need for using CCTV and have decided it is required for the prevention and detection of crime, for protecting the safety of members and staff and monitoring building security. It will not be used for any other purposes. We conduct an annual review of our use of CCTV. In all locations, signs will be displayed notifying you that CCTV is in operation and providing details of who to contact for further information.
Images captured by the CCTV will not be kept for longer than necessary. However, on occasions there may be a need to keep images for longer, for example where a crime is being investigated.
You have the right to see CCTV images of yourself and be provided with a copy of the images, although a charge can be applied. We will only disclose images and audio to other authorised bodies who intend to use it for the uses we have stated above.
We operate CCTV and disclose in accordance with the codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
The Right to Complain
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, or our compliance with GDPR, you should contact the Club Managers on email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. Their contact details in the UK are:
- Email: ico.org.uk,
- Telephone 03031231113